Saturday, November 27, 2010
All I can really say about these brownies is YUM. We ate almost the whole thing in one night so be warned. There are a lot of steps but it's not a difficult recipe if you follow the instructions correctly. They turn out gooey so don't wait for them to seem fully cooked before you pull them out of the oven. Very easy to make this gluten-free because there's not a ton of flour in it in the first place.
Cream cheese layer
* 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
* 1 egg yolk
* 1 tsp vanilla
* 2 tbsp sugar
* 5 tbsp butter
* 2 cups chocolate chips
* 2 eggs
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1/2 cup flour (gluten-free if needed - Bob's Red Mill)
* 1 tsp vanilla
* 1/2 tsp baking powder
* 1/4 tsp kosher salt
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2. Lightly grease a square 8X8-inch pan.
3. Melt the butter and 1 cup of the chocolate together until smoothly melted.
4. Put aside and let come to room temperature.
Cream cheese layer:
5. Put the cream cheese in a mixer bowl and mix until it's smooth.
6. Add the rest of the cream cheese layer ingredients, beating well.
7. In a separate bowl from the cream cheese mixture, mix the eggs and the sugar.
8. Add the chocolate mixture and mix well until combined.
9. Add the flour, vanilla, baking powder, salt and the chocolate chips, mix well.
10. Pour half the chocolate mixture into the prepared pan.
11. Dollop the cream cheese mixture over that.
12. Add the remaining chocolate mixture.
13. Take a knife and gently draw it through the batter to swirl.
14. Careful not to swirl too much!
15. Bake in the oven about 30 minutes or until a fork almost comes out clean.
16. Let cool and enjoy!